Wheatbelt NRM is excited to announce construction works for the Living Lakes – Stage 3 project, which will be commencing in March 2018. This project will see the implementation of engineering designs to improve water quality and periods of inundation at Lakes Yealering and Ewlyamartup.
It has been a busy 6 months on the project:
- securing environmental and other approvals and permits
- preparing the tender and appointing the Contractor
- meeting with the local community working groups
- attending key local events to gain community feedback and input into the project
- establishing Traditional Owner consultation groups
The construction start date is being finalised with the Contractor, however works will commence first at Lake Ewlyamartup, followed by Lake Yealering. The lakes are both still holding a substantial volume of water, however a strategy has been implemented to stage the works to allow for completion.
We are looking forward to reaching this significant milestone for the project in the coming weeks and will continue to work closely with the community working groups and the shires involved. Find out more