Does your community group have great ideas on how to become more energy efficient with your facilities?
The Energy Efficient Communities Program - Community Energy Efficiency and Solar Grants 2020 are now open.
An Australian Government initiative the objective of this grant opportunity is to support community organisations across Australia to:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- improve energy-efficient practices
- Increase the use of energy-efficient technologies.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- energy savings and lower power bills for community organisations
- emissions reductions.
Minimum grant is $1000 to a maximum of $12,500
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation.
Eligible activities include one or more of the following:
- design, supply and installation of new solar photovoltaic generator systems
- purchase and installation of new battery systems and battery storage systems
- purchase and installation of new solar hot water heaters or air source hot water heat pumps, to replace existing equipment
- purchase and installation of Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting equipment or energy-efficient lighting controls to replace existing equipment
- design, supply and installation of high efficiency split system air conditioning units to replace existing equipment
- energy audits
Application information can be found at www.business.gov.au/Grants-and-Programs/Community-Energy-Efficiency-and-Solar-Grants-2020#list-of-electorates