WAFarmers will be holding its Annual Conference: Trending Ag 2019 on Thursday 14 March and Friday 15 March at the Pan Pacific Perth.
Trending Ag will bring together global, national and state agribusiness specialists to present on the key forces driving the regulatory and market frameworks that today’s farmers will need to accommodate in order to remain profitable.
From rapidly changing consumer preferences for ethically produced food that can be traced back to the farm gate, through to global competition that is threatening long established markets. Trending Ag 2019 will explore how consumers and politics are forcing a complete analysis of how the whole supply chain is approaching risk.
Trending Ag 2019 will cover topics in the global food supply including:
- Consumers and social licence to operate, what the future holds
- Smart farming systems and software solutions for farmers and agribusinesses
- Global trends in commodity demand
- China threats and opportunities
- New and ancient grains
- Regulation - what it means: environmental satellite mapping, agricultural machinery and transport compliance, and global regulatory trends in animal welfare and chemical application
Who should attend:
- Agricultural businesses
- The wider agribusiness supply chain
- Academics and students
Why you should attend:
Trending Ag 2019 offers delegates the opportunity to understand the issues and the opportunities that these global forces are driving in agriculture and what it means for farmers today and into the future.