Highly Interactive and Entertaining 1.5 Day Workshop. Skills development in the latest knowledge and technology in saltland management and extension.
Internationally recognised researchers including:
- Dr Ed Barrett-Lennard, DPIRD – Agronomy and Water Use
- Dr Hayley Norman, CSIRO – Livestock Production and Utilisation
- John Young, Farming Systems Analysis – Economics and Whole Farm Analysis
- John Simons, DPIRD – Hydrologist
Day 1 is learning from the experts, practical sampling skills and then a tour through some local trial sites.
Day 2 is a practical day where we will head out to a local site and apply the knowledge from day 1 in a farm challenge.
The workshop is fully catered and we can provide accommodation if needed – we will also be providing salt bags full of essential resources and EC/Temp/PH/TDS Probes etc.
- Farmer knowledge and site visits
- Group challenge on a real site
- Saltland Genie App and Website
- Access to key resources, including: reference material, publications and equipment for on-site assessment and decision making
- Fully catered
- Dinner with guest speaker
- Accommodation available
- Opportunity to run your own organisation’s workshop locally!